I’ve been a chips and salsa addict my whole life. My mom used to buy the half gallon salsa at Harris Teeter just to keep me satiated. Bless her.
These days, I’ve turned my chips and salsa addiction into a healthy meal opportunity, complete with protein from black beans and calcium from the cashews in the dip. What truly makes this recipe shine, and SO delicious, is Cookie & Kate’s Creamy Vegan Queso. Click here for her recipe.
How to make it?
- Start by layering a Cast Iron Pan with tortilla chips. I use my ol’ trusty Lodge . My favorite chips are Siete’s Dip Chip, a grain free tortilla chip made with savory pumpkin and cassava masa.
- Layer on black beans, and anything else you have in the fridge (roasted garlic, caramelized onions, etc).
- Scoop on Cookie & Kate’s Creamy Vegan Queso.
- Put the entire cast iron under the broiler for a couple minutes, checking on it often! Once it looks nice and toasty, take it out!
- Top with fresh tomatoes, avocado, and whatever else you fancy!